REVIEW: End of Days (Penryn and the End of Days #3) by Susan Ee

End of Days by Susan Ee
Series: Penryn and the End of Days #3
Published by Hodder & Stoughton on 12th May 2015
Pages: 435

End of Days is the explosive conclusion to Susan Ee’s bestselling Penryn & the End of Days trilogy.

After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They’re both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn’s sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe’s past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.

When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other?
Such a brilliant and satisfying conclusion, without-a-doubt one of my favourite series! And this cover! SO BEAUTIFUL! :0)

I do not want to give too much of a synopsis of this sequel as it is the third and final book in this phenomenal series. I would say after reading World After jump straight into this book, as it carries on immediately after.

Penryn is definitely one of my favourite female protagonists that I have read in a long time. She is totally kick-butt and yet caring about others, even if she does not know them. Penryn will always put herself before the lives of others, and her determination is definitely to be admired. I think one of the aspects of this series I really love is the secondary characters, especially tweedle dee and tweedle dum, they are just so fun and add humour to such a serious and scary time; they certainly lifted the mood of the novel.

The plot of this, my goodness! Such a satisfying and brilliant conclusion, that I just did not see coming. Though in this novel I was able to see the criticisms that many have said about the writing not being of a great quality, I did not mind as it is the story inside that I am reading and interested in. The plot was dangerous, chilling and addictive, that certainly had you on the edge of your seat. And the romance and tension! So addictive. Additionally, I loved the different directions the novel took, especially their trip to somewhere in particular.

Overall, a fantastic conclusion to the trilogy, and I cannot wait for Ee's future novels.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature & Follow

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (#2)

FEATURE & FOLLOW #5